Proposed Position Statements.

The 5 key questions that I have researched over the past 10 weeks are:

Who am I – who are they ?
Where are they – How will they find me ?
How will I promote myself – what do they want to hear ?
Who else is out there – how good are they ?

From this research here are 10 short but informative statements that identify my distinctive ‘positioning’ as a Graphic Designer:

1. My ambition for when I graduate, is to join a successful design company and indulge in editorial layouts and typography.

2. I would prefer to work in an open environment which contains a wide range of skilled people, for example, illustrators, photographers.

3. I would like to jump at the opportunity to work part time as freelance Graphic Designer, this would be alongside a full time job.

4. I hope that one day I have to courage to work primarily as freelance Graphic Designer, or to start up my own business.

5. I intend to go abroad, hopefully to New York but maybe Australia as I have family over there, and work for up to a year to gain experience and recognition.

6. I consider my skills in software such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc, to be of a high standard. I also tend to grasp new software fairly quickly.

7. I would like to gain a wide range of local, national and European based clients, containing successful businesses as well as the small ones.

8. My main source of communication would be e-mail, as this proves the most successful and fastest method of communication across borders.

9. I will continue to host an Online Portfolio as I feel this is one of the best ways to promote myself, and will keep it updated with new projects.

10. I intend to be over ambitious throughout all of my career.

0 comments:

Post a Comment